i believe in a thing called love...i dont know the rest of this line but it ends in the word heart
I believe…I will never get anything out of diversity day because I do not go into it with an open mind. Furthermore, I believe this is an unalterable fact that cannot be shifted by calling it a community day instead of diversity day.
I believe that the longest class I have ever written a paper for is AP calculus, and I believe that is rather pathetic. Though, this will not be the case for long because in “AP” US History I am writing a ten page paper, two pages longer then the math paper.
I believe the past two months have set a record for amount of rain in the state of Indiana. I believe our baseball team could be decent if it were not for that rain, but unfortunately I believe we r pretty bad. I believe humans should have been made with an organ that allowed them to fly. I think this would have been a really cool addition to humans.
I believe in abortion and the death penalty. I believe that the US should adopt a child limiting law like the one in China, however with a much less strict punishment like reducing their tax deductions. Finally, I believe the US should have mandatory military service, and I believe if the US did have mandatory military service, I would be screwed.

5 Comments:
Daniel-
I agree with a lot of the things you said. The APUSH paper will also be the longest paper I have ever written, and I am not looking forward to writing it. I think we are having more fun in this class now that we actually don't have class and Dr. Fadley is never in the classroom with us, so we all just talk about random stuff.
-Erin
I agree that our baseball team could be decent if we didn't have to practice inside most of the time and have most of our games rained out. By the way, did you hear Ryan's pinkie finger is broken? So now that I can finally field without hurting we lose our second basemen a week from sectionals. I like the idea of the mandatory military service, but they shouldn't start that until we are thirty because I am personally too scared of being screwed by military service.
Haha, First of all, I love the title. Second, I think you should write your belief statement on how you will never get anything out of diversity day. That would probably the most truthful thing you have written all year. Also, you have a bit of a typo. You meant to say that the longest PAPER you had ever written, etc. etc. you can figure it out.
All of these would make great belief statements. So use one of them!
I agree with many of the statements that you make here. The APUSH paper is an extremely long and unnecessary paper, but in a way it applies to the way that the DBQ is formatted on the AP test. Unfortunately, this paper was designed to be written after the AP test had finished, eliminating all possible value that it could have contained. I also agree with you that diversity day is dumb. Seriously. Especially when they rule that you cannot use the day for research. God forbid, we learn something.
Haha, I agree with you daniel. I think the whole diversity day has just become surrounded with so much cynicism and people being tired of it, it's just not productive anymore. I also like the idea of mandatory military service. This is because I think if there were mandatory military service, we wouldn't have a generation that cries when their parents don't get them an iphone, or that thinks buying 300 dollar sunglasses is a justifiable purchase. I also think humans should be able to fly....that'd be cool, and I would save a lot of money on gas.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home