rain rain go away, come again another day
What can I say…it’s a pretty good metaphor…
In this metaphor, he compares the difference between a whole marriage and a broken relationship to an airplane that seldom crashes and another airplane that seldom crashes, yet crashes more then the first airplane. I do agree that everyone would choose the airplane that barely ever crashes. It does make common sense that a family that is whole and complete would produce more wholesome individuals with less of a chance to end up in federal prisons. As is the case with all generalizations, all individualism is lost, and that is what happens with this metaphor and his reasoning. He does a good job of acknowledging this however by stating that both airplanes have a chance of succeeding in their journey. There were probably more eloquent ways for him to say the metaphor, but I think this is an extremely good way to put it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home