Tuesday, April 28, 2009

opening night on thursday

Do you know what is an extremely unsatisfying experience? Sitting down on a toilet seat to find it is still warm from the previous user’s buttocks. When you think about it objectively, there is no reason that this should be uncomfortable for a person. Excretion is a natural disease, and as the famous book says, “Everybody Poops.” So why is it that sitting on slightly warmed toilets bothers us? I believe it is because of America’s underlying fear of the buttocks brought on by naivety of the organ. Once again thinking objectively, there is very little that separates the buttocks from the leg or thigh. Each contain fat, muscles, skin, and sometimes hair, and really the only thing that separates them is an excretion unit located at the center of the buttocial region. In fact, studies show that in America, this “tainted” portion of the buttocial region is slowly amassing less of a percentage of this region as society progresses. However, the taboo surrounding the buttocial region still remains rampid among many diverse groups, except possibly immature teenage boys and the occasional streakier. Hopefully, as society progresses more into the twenty-first century, we will be able to shed this perception of the tainted buttock and celebrate it for its true and divine beauty.

3 Comments:

At April 29, 2009 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Arnold Friend said...

First of all, I would like to say that this is an absolutely brilliant post. Second, I would like to debate that there are many people who take mistaken pride in their buttock, that is, they wear pants, shorts or skirts that show more than the rest of the world wants to know. However, I think that this thought can be repeated with an overly exposed leg or thigh, but still, I would use caution when encouraging people to celebrate their buttocks for its true and divine beauty.

 
At April 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM , Blogger WonderousWonderWeasel42 said...

But you prove my point even in your comment. You do this by saying that they show "more then the rest of the world wants to know." Maybe in a future society, without racism, sexism, and morning meetings, we will be proud enough to celebrate our bodies without fear of cynical people thinking negatively.

 
At May 1, 2009 at 9:36 PM , Blogger JD said...

I could just agree with this post like someone who is not annoying would, but I am not someone who is not annoying so I will be annoying be disagreeing with the statement that you have made here on this day that has changed between when I am writing this comment and when you created the post. The main reason that the excretion unit is covered is that nobody wants to be in the presence of the products of the excretion. Without the instillation of the fear of the buttocks at an early age, certain individuals would simply show it all the time, and in doing so, at ages 3-5 they might just decide to relieve themselves in a public area rather than say, in a toilet. Clothing corrects this problem because if a child wishes to excrete waste in a public area, the clothing ensures that the excrete will remain uncomfortably close to them, and therefore an undesirable option. So for the sake of keeping the products of the bathroom, in the bathroom, little kids need to be told to keep their pants on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home