Monday, April 20, 2009

gender

I believe that I am a male. That’s my gender. I agree that I am what I am due to society, but I do not think that an advertisement will cause me to beat women because that is the stereotype that it perpetuates. Just because I am a man, does not mean that I am particularly manly. I do musical theater. I enjoy singing, which many would consider a feminine trait. I do not really look at it that way, as much as I accept that art is a way to express yourself and everyone has his or her own way to do this. Mine happens to be that. Cory Lingner’s is dance. He is pretty beastly so I figure I am not doing that badly. Conversely, I play two varsity sports, albeit at a small private school. I also do not enjoy creative writing. I think that is a manly trait. The only time I voluntarily write poetry is today when I chose to write a hiku (well six). That was a big step for me. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home