Super bowl commercials sucked.
Yesterday night was the Super Bowl! Yippee, Commercials. What I find interesting about super bowl commercials is that they are so ridiculously expensive, that the only people who can legitimately pay for them are the people who already have their names well known. Hence the onslaught of beer commercials in all sizes and shapes. While I must say I enjoyed the first commercial where an office member suggested to stop buying beer for all meetings to cut costs (and was promptly thrown out the window), I must say that it was a completely horrible commercial because 14 hours later, I cannot recall which beer it was for. This is the problem, for all the beer commercials, you only remember one or two of the best ones, and in many cases you do not even remember the beer as much as you remember the content. Yes, sometimes they provide hints like a Clydesdale with a Scottish accent (despicable), but in general its hit or miss. There was one commercial I did not completely find pointless that was advertising for an online company where you can have flowers hand delivered to someone opposed to arriving in a box. I had never heard of this company before the commercial and now I know about it, so it was probably the most useful add of them all.

1 Comments:
Does your forgetting the beer the ad was for have something to do with the fact that you are not the age group targeted by these ads at all? Maybe you don't remember the beer itself because you don't drink beer, and so wouldn't have purchased bud light even if you did remember that the commercial advertised the product. Its just an idea, although I admit that it does seem like even the good commercials are remembered for what makes them good rather than the product. Maybe it is a sign that these two are always different?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home