I think i am going to give up being jewish for lent...no
Weight is gratified after sharing his writing because his grandmother is so flabbergasted by it. Most importantly, she cannot understand why he wrote it, to what purpose, for what reason. I think this was important because up to then it seemed as if she could always turn to god to explain something to her, however when she heard this story it was different. This godless boy had produced a story and she could not turn to god to interpret it for her, or more importantly to interpret why he had created it. Because he was so separate from her and the church, it in turn made her separate and unable to understand him. This came about because she for so many years forced him to attend church unwillingly. Eventually I think it even ties in to his search for a job and how he relates to the problem that she will not let him work on Sundays, however I will not continue because I do not want to make my title of this blog spoiler alert.

2 Comments:
I apologize for the typo to start the blog. I meant Wright. e is next to i on the keyboard and spellcheck cant get that one...I also do not know how to edit my own blogs...pahtetic
You don't know how to edit your blogs?! You can just hit edit posts on the page you get right after you post a blog. I agree with your opinion about the reason that Wright feels empowered by his writing, but I will mention something that varies slightly with my opinion. I believe that he cared more for the power over his surroundings that the writing provided him than the fact that it upset his grandmother. The fact that his it upset his grandmother may have shown him the power that had through his writing, but it was the power itself that appealed to him, in my opinion, not the ability to upset his grandmother.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home