Monday, December 8, 2008

Chugging along

Yesterday I wrote almost a page and a half, today I continued this trend by writing three pages as of now, though its likely that out of boredom I will continue to write. I found a source that is not on the Internet. Horary! Now my largest issue is that every statistic I find on the death penalty is false. Its true, I believe that there is not such thing as an unbiased statistician anymore because (for example) one organization says that the death penalty costs 2.5 million less/life in prison case while another says it costs 1.5 million more. That is a lot of money to not really be sure about. Sometimes it makes me wonder who the hell is running the statistician world and if they can be given the death penalty because Jesus Christ its insanity. I think even people against capital punishment agree that statisticians warrant some amount of cruel and unusual punishment for their wrongdoing. I mean these are people who dedicate their lives to this. Despicable. Anyway, point being that stats suck.

2 Comments:

At December 9, 2008 at 7:25 AM , Blogger oiwaghwsdoifjasg said...

95% of statistics are made up. Or is it 45%..?

It's an interesting problem to have though. Most people just use the ones that benefit them the most, because that's more fun. If you're trying to be honest or whatever (I doubt this but just in case) I would use whatever numbers are in the book, because books cost money to make and websites don't.

Or just use the ones that help you the most.

 
At December 9, 2008 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've also run into problems with finding accurate stats. While I agree that violence may very well be an answer, I think I'm first going to look in the textbooks. I think I'll be able to find accurate sources somewhere and, if that doesn't work, I'll have to give the average.

Of course, if that doesn't work, I'll have to set fire to some sort of graph.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home