Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Choo choo!!

I am so proud of myself. I finished my paper. Except not. I have finished writing, however I am way to lazy to the work cited, plus if I were to do that tonight what would I complain about tomorrow and Thursday I wonder? No its much better if I work in pieces (actually not sarcastic I really am not ready to focus on the work cited right now).My paper has ended saying its unlikely for the problem to ever change on a wide scale because the country is so divided. It is interesting because my paper makes it sound almost as though the anti-death people have more legitimate points then the pro-death, however a majority of Americans and states are for it. Interesting, however when you think it really makes since because to rational people, the death penalty is a legitimate deterrent. My question is though, are people who are up for the death penalty rational? Because that provides an interesting dilemma if so. But there are no statistics on rationality so all is well…

6 Comments:

At December 10, 2008 at 4:46 AM , Blogger oiwaghwsdoifjasg said...

I'm very glad you finished your paper! I wonder how the statistics worked out for you. Were you able to keep a neutral point of view throughout your paper? I had issues with this in my paper.

 
At December 10, 2008 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Arnold Friend said...

I agree with you that people up for the death penalty are not rational, but I still think that death is a legitimate deterrent, to a point. I mean, there are murderers who want to die after they kill the other person, but normally they take care of it themselves. It seems to me that the ones who are sentenced to death are the ones who tried to get away. I think maybe the death penalty is more of a deterrent telling convicts not to run away than anything.

 
At December 11, 2008 at 9:52 AM , Blogger AHugs. said...

Daniel-
First, props for finishing your paper already. That's tight. Also, I think that your topic is one of the more convoluted as far as complications of possible solutions. I mean, getting rid of the death penalty is not just that simple. I applaud your efforts.

 
At December 11, 2008 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Annalee said...

wow! your topic sounds so interesting! I hope I get to read your essay sometime. Yes, I've also found that working in pieces is necessary if you're going to have something to write about in your blog tomorrow.

 
At December 11, 2008 at 10:05 AM , Blogger chuckles said...

Firt, nice job on finishing your paper so early. Second, interesting that you decided that the problem won't ever change even though your doing your paper on it. I kind of agree though, and the I have the same thing going on with my legalization process.

 
At December 11, 2008 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Erin Healey said...

That is a very interesting way to end your paper. I like that it leaves the reader questioning, nice strategy. It really seems like you know where you are headed with this paper and the next one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home