Monday, October 13, 2008

Speeches. Horray!

Today in class we watched speeches! And now I am commenting on the wonderful quality of them. Our speeches were very interesting and intriguing. Some of the time I was aghast at my classmates’ inability to follow the directions that the charity had to help people in central Indiana directly. If I had known we could ignore this rule, my speech would have been on my favorite charity, Adopt a Minefield, opposed to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana. However, overlooking this, I thought the speeches were for the most part good. I enjoyed Abby’s awesome shirt urging voters to consider her father for state representative, and thought Marta should lose points for her unwanted flagrant attack on me, though on the other hand, it showed good appeal to her audience and possibly ethos for anyone who hates me in the room. I enjoyed hearing about some of the charities that I had never heard of before, and even more about how important Goodwill is in our society. I look forward to tomorrow’s speeches, except for mine…

4 Comments:

At October 14, 2008 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Japes said...

I like your idea of adopt a minefield. Is that a real charity? Regardless, I definitely agree with your frustration with people failing to focus on central indiana. Most of the organizations were not based in indiana at all and several had nothing to do with indiana, but instead helped people all over the world. I myself gave no money except to people who followed the directions. But I also wondered about people's wandering from another direction, that a charity should focus on self-sufficiency. I agree this is a subjective classification, but many did not seem to focus on this aspect at all.

 
At October 14, 2008 at 5:39 PM , Blogger WonderousWonderWeasel42 said...

we are not commenting this week jp.

 
At October 14, 2008 at 5:40 PM , Blogger WonderousWonderWeasel42 said...

Lamags. You should not give him points for that.

 
At October 15, 2008 at 11:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home