Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SECTIONALS AT CARMEL WITH THE KRIEBLES 4:15, and stuff on some article i had to read

The article for the most part does not make the argument explicitly that the wealthy are exploiting the poor. It could be said that by noting the media that their interpretation of the truth exploits the poor, but I do not think this is the case. I think the article simply implies that the poor are exploited without actually proving it as inferred by the statistics given. The most obvious alternate interpretation for data given in the article is the piece on average SAT scores based on family income. This data showed that those most capable of reasoning skills needed in the SAT were receiving the highest-paying jobs. One would assume it would be good for a country and economy if the people working in its most important and skilled jobs had the skills needed by the SAT. I do think that there is a strong distinction between social classes in America, and while I believe in the data given in the article, I believe it is a tad on the pessimistic side of the truth. Yes, the statistics seem dire, however as Mr. Napier showed us they can be used to skew the truth. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home