Tuesday, October 7, 2008

progress report, woa! i changed my mind.

Ho ho! Progress report time! Well, last time I wrote a blog, I wrote emphatically about how I was doing to do the charity, Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, and while this is a very worthy charity, it has been woefully replaced by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Indiana. This is a local chapter of the national organization that attempts to give children missing a parent or sibling with a one on one mentoring relationship with a successful adult in the community. What I liked about this organization that helped me chose it was that it did not choose the children based n social or economical status and its commitment to the future. This is a standing organization where the money goes to bettering the impact of the organization. As for tangible progress, I have a rough outline of my toulmin system made, though I have a lot of information that needs to be added still. I am attempting to get testimony from an actual big brother and an actual younger brother in order to give my argument an appeal to pathos. I wish to appeal to logos and ethos with my statistics of the importance of the impact of the program. All in all, I am much further then I expected to be at this time yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home