Anything with the word Nazi is good
According to Cose, an official investigation, apology, and restitution is important to the victims of great historical injustices or their defendants because they provide closure that helps them move on from the event. This is most prevalent in the case of the Japanese internment camps where the Japanese were for the first time able to talk about and communicate their struggle during their time in the camps. Most important was the process of investigation, which initially got them involved in the matter. For their descendents, it is less important, though the same reasoning can be used. For society as a whole to do this proves a nation’s worth and willingness to accept its faults. One of the best qualities in a leader is to be able to accept their faults, and doing this helps to stop the alienation of an entire race as can happen when these atrocities occur. It was important for Germany to pay reparations so that they could get past the nagging truth of the Nazi’s and move forward. This remains for communities and society as a whole the same.

1 Comments:
Nice work, I have to admit I chuckled at your title. I definetly agreed with what you had to say. I thought it was strongest when you explained the effects of a leader admitting mistakes, I tried to say the same things but your way was much more put together and eloquent. Well played wonderweasel, well played.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home